Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. In addition, many of the books reviewed on this site were received free from the publisher through various book review bloggers programs. I am never required to write a positive review. On ocassion I will review a book that was not provided by the publisher. If that is the case I will note it on that particular post. Otherwise, assume that it was. All opinions I have expressed are always my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

God Gave Us Easter review

God Gave Us Easter Description:

"God loved us so much he wanted us to always be with him too. That’s why God knew he’d need to give us Easter.”  

As Little Cub celebrates Easter with Papa, Mama, and her brother and sister, she begins to ask her papa questions about this very special day of the year.  Papa lovingly explains God’s plans for his children, while taking Little Cub on a memorable walk through her stunning Arctic world, and he shares how Easter came about in clear, simple terms that even the littlest cubs can understand.




My Review:

In case you hadn't noticed, I really love this series.  Princess and I have read God Gave Us ChristmasGod Gave us Love, and God Gave us You.  When I had a chance to review God Gave us Easter I was tickled.  Let me say, this book was a great addition to our library!

Easter can be a difficult celebration for little ones.  You want them to understand that it isn't about the bunny or the candy but about the sacrifice Jesus made that paved the way for our relationship with God.  This book does that wonderfully.  Little Cub and Papa Bear are talking about Easter and when Papa Bear tells Little Cub that Easter is better than Christmas Little Cub inquires why and the message begins.

I especially like that we are reminded that "Easter is part of a bigger story he (God) had in mind for a long, long time".   Papa goes on to explain the symbolism of the Easter egg and how it reminds us that even death couldn't trap Jesus.  There is no way to talk about Easter and not address death, but this book does so in such a way that it remains true to the meaning and yet isn't scary while not trivializing death.

The illustrations are just as beautiful in this book as they are in the other books in the series.  Laura Bryant does gorgeous work.  This is a book that you will want to add to your Christian preschool library!


Download a free coloring page to go with this book here.

View a sample of the book here.

Purchase a copy of this book for your very own here.

No comments: