Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. In addition, many of the books reviewed on this site were received free from the publisher through various book review bloggers programs. I am never required to write a positive review. On ocassion I will review a book that was not provided by the publisher. If that is the case I will note it on that particular post. Otherwise, assume that it was. All opinions I have expressed are always my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Monday, April 9, 2012

God Gave us Love

Book Description:
 As Little Cub and Grampa Bear’s fishing adventure is interrupted by mischievous otters, the young polar bear begins to question why we must love others… even the seemingly unlovable.

In answering her questions, Grampa Bear gives tender explanations that teach Little Cub about the different kinds of love that is shared between families, friends, and mamas and papas. Grampa explains that all these kinds of love come from God and that it is important to love others because…

“Any time we show love, Little Cub, we’re sharing a bit of his love.”

This sweet tale will warm the hearts of young children as they learn about all the different sorts of love, while the gentle explanations of each provide a valuable opportunity to encourage children to share with others a “God-sized love.”

My Review:
Bergren has written three books in this series, God Gave Us You, God Gave Us Two, and of course God Gave Us Love.  This is the first of the series that I have read and i really enjoyed it.

The illustrations Laura Bryant created to go with the story really bring it to life and captured the attention of my daughter as we read.  What I really enjoyed is that the questions Little Cub asks throughout the book are those that even adults have asked.  Begren does a great job of answering them in a manner that a young child can understand.  These questions include How come one minute we can love someone and the next be annoyed by them, and could we ever do something to cause God to not love us.

This is a great book to introduce what love is and where it comes from.



1 comment:

Trina said...

I love the "God gave us..." series. I am familiar with the other two you mentioned, but not this one. I will have to get my hands on this one soon! Thanks for the review!
Trina