Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. In addition, many of the books reviewed on this site were received free from the publisher through various book review bloggers programs. I am never required to write a positive review. On ocassion I will review a book that was not provided by the publisher. If that is the case I will note it on that particular post. Otherwise, assume that it was. All opinions I have expressed are always my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Friday, September 2, 2011

Read and Sing Devotions review

100 Devotions, 100 Bible SongsKids can read, sing, and learn while they spend time with God!

In 100 Devotions, 100 Bible Songs children can read a devotion, sing a beloved song, and say a prayer all while learning and spending time with God. Perfect for before school, bedtime, or anytime, these short devotions will be fun for kids and help parents grow their children’s faith.

With bright illustrations, great music, and powerful messages, kids will have fun while they learn to walk with God and apply the message of the Bible to their everyday lives.

My Review

Princess A loves to sing, and she loves to read, and I love for her to sing and read about Jesus.  This set combines it all so that both momma and the princess are happy!  Being a Tommy Nelson book I knew that the illustrations would be cute and that we would probably enjoy it so when I was offered the chance to review it I accepted, and wasn't disappointed.

Each of the 100 Devotions is connected to a song on the 2 CD's included with the book.  They even made it easy for us by not only telling us which CD goes with which devotion, but which song number as well.  Each song is sung sweetly by children which helped Princess A connect with them.  While I would have preferred more contemporary versions of some of the songs, Princess A seemed to love them all.  (As a matter of fact the first CD has become a permanent part of my van radio and when she is in the van, she wants to hear it!)

Each devotion is kept on two pages, which means when we read them we don't see the beginning of another which often leads Princess A to be more concerned with what is next rather than what is now.  I love that!  I also love that each one includes a Bible verse that is relevant and yet short enough that she can memorize it.  The book calls them "Word Watch".  They also include prayer starters.  Many of the devotions include questions in them ("Whose hands are we talking about?" when learning that He's Got the whole world in his hands) to help get your child thinking and working on comprehension skills as well as giving the answers ("God's hands") because lets be honest, sometimes mommy is tired and misses the point too!

The CD's store in plastic sleeves located on the inside of the front and back cover which makes it easy to keep everything together.  I imagine that the sleeves can be removed if you desire (they are attached with some double sided tape).  This would be a great resource for a preschool or early elementary class as well as for parents or even a gift book. 

No comments: