Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. In addition, many of the books reviewed on this site were received free from the publisher through various book review bloggers programs. I am never required to write a positive review. On ocassion I will review a book that was not provided by the publisher. If that is the case I will note it on that particular post. Otherwise, assume that it was. All opinions I have expressed are always my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Friday, September 2, 2011

Bible Animal Stories review


Bible Animal Stories for Bedtime
For spiritual “quality time” with your five- to eight-year-old children, check out Bible Animal Stories for Bedtime—going a step beyond the traditional Bible story book! More than five-dozen Bible stories are included, in fun, easy-to-understand stories that your kids will love. From “God Created the Animals” in Genesis 1, through the accounts of the frogs that plagued Pharaoh, Balaam’s donkey, Solomon’s baboons and apes, and the lost sheep of Jesus’ parable, Bible Animal Stories for Bedtime unveils truth in ways that young hearts can easily grasp. Each chapter is accompanied by full-color illustration and design, making Bible Animal Stories for Bedtime an ideal book for learning and fun.


My Review

This is a really great short story book that would be perfect for bedtime, standing in line time, ride to school time, or just about any time.  I love that all of the stories include a Bible verse and a prayer starter.  I also like that many of them take the time to explain things to the reader (a lamb is a baby sheep, A raven will eat almost anything, sheep are cute but not very smart etc) that he or she probably does not already know.  In addition it opens some door for some real conversations between parent and child (Knowing what you know now, why do you think Noah chose a raven and a dove to send out?)

While this is recommended for children ages 5-8 I can honestly say that my 3 year old LOVED the stories and I even caught my 11 and 13 year old listening in from time to time.  This has been a great addition to our library and one we plan to use frequently!

No comments: