Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. In addition, many of the books reviewed on this site were received free from the publisher through various book review bloggers programs. I am never required to write a positive review. On ocassion I will review a book that was not provided by the publisher. If that is the case I will note it on that particular post. Otherwise, assume that it was. All opinions I have expressed are always my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Night Night Blessing review

Cuddle up with your little ones and count all the blessings God put in their day.

This book is a precious way to put your little ones to bed at night and fill their thoughts with the many good things that have filled their day. It's a great way to teach them gratitude and help them sleep soundly at night.

Whether it's Mommy's goodnight kisses, Grandpa's comfy lap, or pancakes stacked THIS high, there are so many blessings to count before bed! Written in rhyme and coupled with adorable illustrations, this follow up book to best-selling Night Night Prayer will be an instant bedtime hit.

My Review:
This is an adorable little board book with some very pretty illustrations.  The first time I read it with my 3 year old I was concerned because when I asked my daughter who the child was thanking she replied, "her mommy".  Fortunately the book clears this up about halfway through.  It was a reminder to me that God is so much more than a distant being, but He is like our parent wanting the best for us.

My daughter really enjoyed the book, and I did too.  It opens the door for us to examine what we are thankful for and tell God thank you for all of those things as well.  A really great book!

No comments: