Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. In addition, many of the books reviewed on this site were received free from the publisher through various book review bloggers programs. I am never required to write a positive review. On ocassion I will review a book that was not provided by the publisher. If that is the case I will note it on that particular post. Otherwise, assume that it was. All opinions I have expressed are always my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Friday, September 27, 2013

Review: Daniel for Lunch: The Tasty Tale of Daniel in the Lions' Den


Daniel for Lunch: The Tasty Tale of Daniel in the Lions' Den
Daniel for Lunch: The Tasty Tale of Daniel in the Lions' Den by Kelly Pulley

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



This is a charming retelling of the Biblical story of Daniel and the lion's den. Kelly Pulley writes the story in rhyming prose that children will enjoy, and her illustrations are cute and captivating as well.

While there is no getting around the possible scariness of people being fed to lions, Kelly manages to tell the story in such a way that little ones can instead focus on the protection of God and Daniel's dedication. The only thing I would have liked to have seen in the story is that Daniel and King Darius were more than just king and servant. Still, this would be a wonderful addition to any children's library.



View all my reviews

No comments: