Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. In addition, many of the books reviewed on this site were received free from the publisher through various book review bloggers programs. I am never required to write a positive review. On ocassion I will review a book that was not provided by the publisher. If that is the case I will note it on that particular post. Otherwise, assume that it was. All opinions I have expressed are always my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Monday, September 23, 2013

Great Little Gifts to Knit review

Great Little Gifts to Knit: 30 Quick and Colorful Patterns

Publisher's Description:
Today's knitters are avid—and busy. Although they love to knit for friends and family, and enjoy trying out new patterns and stitch techniques, they're constantly faced with the challenge of finding enough time to complete their projects. Great Little Gifts to Knit solves this problem. Jean Moss, author ofSweet Shawlettes, has designed 30 fun, fresh, beautiful patterns that incorporate traditional knitting techniques from all over the world: from Fair Isle and Aran knits to Peruvian intarsia patterns and Japanese shadow knitting techniques. Beautiful, clever, and, most of all, quick to knit, these projects offer knitters a chance to learn and experiment with new techniques—all in projects that can be made in less than a weekend.

My Review:
When I began to explore the patterns in this book, I'll be honest - I didn't make it past the first pattern before I had to pick up my needles and start a project!  A friend had just welcomed his son into the world (a bit earlier than expected) so when I saw the Cuddle Cocoon pattern I just knew it was perfect.
(Say 'hi' to my preemie model, Thomas Michael, a Berenguer doll)

It took about a day to complete and I love the way the knit stitches spiral around the cocoon.  I also liked that the pattern included an advanced version (above) and a less advanced version (the knit stitches don't spiral).  And if this pattern is typical of the remaining patterns then they really are great gifts that knit up quick!

So, once I finished this cutie, I flipped through the remaining patterns and they are awesome too!  Legwarmers, shawlettes, scarves, hats, mittens, belts, smartphone sleeves, tea cozies, dog jackets and so much more!  What an awesome addition to my pattern library.  The photos are gorgeous, the patterns are things that I would really make and give as gifts and my finished project looks just as good as the ones photo'd.  Love.  Love.  Love!

If you want to add this to your pattern library you can order from Amazon here.

No comments: