Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. In addition, many of the books reviewed on this site were received free from the publisher through various book review bloggers programs. I am never required to write a positive review. On ocassion I will review a book that was not provided by the publisher. If that is the case I will note it on that particular post. Otherwise, assume that it was. All opinions I have expressed are always my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Monday, June 3, 2013

Review: Storm


Storm
Storm by Evan Angler

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is the third installment of the Swipe series. You can read my reviews of Swipe and Sneak by clicking here.

In this edition we pick up after Logan and the Dust have broken into Acheron, discovered the ImPS army, and not only failed to rescue Logan's sister but were betrayed by her causing their friend Eddie to be captured. Erin has discovered the governments plan to unleash a biological weapon against those who have not accepted the Mark, only it has backfired and those with the mark are becoming sick, including Erin. They are on the run and that is where this story picks up.

Like previous installments, this book has a few twists. Is Logan's sister attempting to help the Markless (including Logan) or is she sabotaging them? Is Logan ever going to declare his feelings for Erin? Is Erin going to survive? What happened to Eddie? There is enough to keep the reader wondering, but I don't know that it is enough to keep us interested in the continuing story line. This installment kind of fell flat for me.

We don't really see a conclusion. To be honest I thought this was going to be the last installment of the series when I agreed to review it, but with the cliffhanger ending I am sure another book is in the making. Don't get me wrong, I want to know how it all ends, but I just don't think this added much to the plot.

Project Trumpet isn't the big deal, or so we are told, that we had been made to believe it was in the previous book. We do meet the big bad guys in this one (Cylis and Lamson) but it's brief and not really enough for us to form conclusions about them. And one of them doesn't even make it out of this book alive!

What started as a pretty neat series is starting to feel like the author doesn't know where the end is, which is disappointing. But I am not giving up. The Dust still need to make their stand and the big bad guys still need to fall. We see a few Marked starting to wake up and realize it isn't all it was cracked up to be and start switching sides. And the final chapter with Logan opens a LOT of doors and leaves a lot of questions. I will definitely be reading the next book and hoping that we start to see some storylines coming together towards a conclusion.

No comments: