Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. In addition, many of the books reviewed on this site were received free from the publisher through various book review bloggers programs. I am never required to write a positive review. On ocassion I will review a book that was not provided by the publisher. If that is the case I will note it on that particular post. Otherwise, assume that it was. All opinions I have expressed are always my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Review: Anomaly



Anomaly by Krista McGee

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



"In a post-nuclear war world, Thalli was born with an anomaly - she has the ability to feel emotions and a sense of curiosity she can barely contain. It's this same anomaly that makes her question everything she has been taught to be true. It's this same anomaly that could also cost her her life."

Thalli was born into a world in which citizens have a singular purpose, no emotions, and have never walked the surface of the planet. Citizens are created rather than born and the only "old" people are the scientists who are in charge. Thalli was an anomaly in that she was curious, she had questions, and she felt things. She shared her secret with a boy who was destined to become a scientist himself...

The twists and turns in this book keep you guessing. You read it recognizing the possibility of such a world. A world in which God has been removed. One in which pure science reigns. And yet, you can't really remove God, can you?

A great summer read! I look forward to more from this author.

1 comment:

Krista McGee said...

Thanks for the great review! I'm so glad you enjoyed the book.
~Krista