Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. In addition, many of the books reviewed on this site were received free from the publisher through various book review bloggers programs. I am never required to write a positive review. On ocassion I will review a book that was not provided by the publisher. If that is the case I will note it on that particular post. Otherwise, assume that it was. All opinions I have expressed are always my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Review: Secrets to a Happy Life: Finding Satisfaction in Any Situation


Secrets to a Happy Life: Finding Satisfaction in Any Situation
Secrets To A Happy Life by Bill Giovannetti

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Bill Giovannetti takes us on a journey to explore the life of Joseph (the guy with the coat) and discover how he managed to keep not only his faith, but his joy.

I love the way Bill writes, he reminds me of Max Lucado with his style. You feel like he is sitting in the room with you sharing a story over a cup of coffee. Not too preachy or rosy, but not so saccharine sweet as to come across as fake.

The book includes 11 "secrets" to a happy life such as letting go, endurance, and wisdom. He discusses the difference between surface happiness and deep happiness (one being like waves rolling onto a beach, it comes and goes, and the other being like strong ocean currents, it runs deep and is always present). Then we begin our journey, walking with Joseph from his brothers selling him into slavery all the way to his rise as the second most powerful man in Egypt.

Many of the "secrets" are common sense. You have to let go of the things you have no control over. Happiness and love go hand in hand. But some we don't want to hear. "Your happiness will always be at risk unless you detach your safety lines from earthly possessions and reattach them to riches in heaven that nothing can destroy." "You cannot compartmentalize your spirituality from the rest of your life and expect to be happy."

Each chapter begins with a short quote, a mini message or point to remember, and closes with questions for reflection making this a great personal study, or even a group study book. There are a lot of good lessons in here and the writing style makes it pleasant to read.

I received an electronic copy of this book from the publisher free of charge. My thoughts and opinions are my own and no other compensation was received in exchange for this review.



View all my reviews

No comments: