Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. In addition, many of the books reviewed on this site were received free from the publisher through various book review bloggers programs. I am never required to write a positive review. On ocassion I will review a book that was not provided by the publisher. If that is the case I will note it on that particular post. Otherwise, assume that it was. All opinions I have expressed are always my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Leading the Way through Ephesians review

Book Description:

Throughout the book of Ephesians, Paul refers to "the riches of God's grace," "our riches in Christ," and "the riches of His glory" as he reminds believers of the spiritual treasures they already possess in Christ.
Leading the Way Through Ephesians applies these great truths in such practical areas of the Christian life as
  • enduring trials, suffering, and persecution
  • maintaining the unity of the church through Christian love
  • living out the gospel in our marriages and family relationships
  • praying with power
  • maintaining our armor against the attacks of Satan
Through sound teaching, vibrant illustrations, and a brisk conversational style that applies God's truth to the realities of the twenty-first century, Leading the Way Through Ephesians will show readers the way to a stronger, more active, more dynamic faith.

My Review:

I used this book as a resource for my women's Bible study group when we were studying Ephesians and absolutely loved it.  Youssef does a phenomenal job of incorporating modern day examples with Bible text and storytelling.  I found myself engaged and digger deeper into the Bible than I might have otherwise.  I began preparing using a different Ephesians study and found myself referring more and more to Youseff's book as I went along.

This book takes you through Ephesians not only chapter by chapter, but subject by subject.  This means the 6 chapters of Ephesians translates into 14 chapters in this book with titles such as "you have all you need" and "from darkness to light", "God's plan for marriage", "God's plan for raising children", and "God's plan for your workplace".  

I found that the chapters were a bit long to be considered a devotional reading, and they would have benefited from some review/reflection questions at the end of each chapter to be a better devotional.  However it was a great commentary.  

You can purchase Leading the Way Through Ephesians (Leading the Way Through the Bible) on Amazon as well as at your local Christian bookstore.

Learn more about Michael Youssef and his ministry at Leading the Way.  

No comments: