Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. In addition, many of the books reviewed on this site were received free from the publisher through various book review bloggers programs. I am never required to write a positive review. On ocassion I will review a book that was not provided by the publisher. If that is the case I will note it on that particular post. Otherwise, assume that it was. All opinions I have expressed are always my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Jude, A Novel review

Jude: A Novel review:

Description:

Jude Asher first called on outside forces to change his destiny as a child. Now a wealthy entrepreneur with his star soaring, he's prepared to make his most daring bet ever to reach the pinnacle of earthly power. Jude's twin brother, Thomas, has chosen a different path as a reporter for The New York Times. As much as he's tried to cut himself off from his brother's trajectory, he finds himself drawn back in ... and troubled by the secret that only he knows.

Surrounded by principalities and powers, each brother must choose their own path—for good or for evil.

My Review:

This book has an interesting concept.  Twins, one chooses darkness and quickly rises to power as a result.  The other chooses.....nothing, not darkness or light, and yet he is affected by his brothers choices.

This has the feeling of an end times novel, as if we are witnessing the rise of the beast.  However Nesbit seems to be writing a series and the ending of this installment leaves a LOT of questions and very few resolutions.  I have to admit that I am not a fan of books like this.  When I read a book I want closure, not an intro to another.  So this was a huge drawback for me.

The story line has promise though and I found Nesbit's writing comfortable and entertaining.  When the inevitable second in the series is published (release as yet unknown) I am likely to purchase just to satisfy my curiosity.  

No comments: