Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. In addition, many of the books reviewed on this site were received free from the publisher through various book review bloggers programs. I am never required to write a positive review. On ocassion I will review a book that was not provided by the publisher. If that is the case I will note it on that particular post. Otherwise, assume that it was. All opinions I have expressed are always my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Friday, July 19, 2013

Review: The Reason


The Reason by William Sirls

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This is one of those books that you finish reading and just have to tell everyone about! I'll be honest, it lingered on my Kindle for a while before I finally gave it a go. I wasn't sure how good it would be after reading the description. I'm glad I read it!

This is one of those books that will make you cry, both in the sad and the good kind of way. While the characters won't surprise you, and neither will the message for that matter, the story is one that will speak to your heart.

A man who experienced loss at a young age and as a result has given up on God.  A woman who has spent her life being self sufficient, who has never failed at fixing the problem encounters a problem she can't fix.  A single mom struggling to get by with a son who has become ill.  A blind pastor, his wife and their son who is mentally challenged attempt to minister to a congregation that has dwindled.  And a woman with a past that she doesn't think she can escape.  All have their lives change when a lightning bolt strikes a cross in front of a church and they join a carpenter in repairing it.

 The message is clear, God wants to be a part of your life, He wants to be here with you - if you only believe!  Not only does the author make the characters in the book come to life, but we are able to identify with them and I venture to say you will find parts of yourself in one of them, which is probably the point.

William Sirls, the author, has graciously agreed to give 5 Sunflowers at Home's Book Review readers an autographed copy of this book. If you would like to a chance to be one of those recipients enter below or you can purchase a copy of The Reason on Amazon by clicking here.

Still not sure if it is for you?  Read the first two chapters here.

1 comment:

Traci said...

sounds interesting.