Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. In addition, many of the books reviewed on this site were received free from the publisher through various book review bloggers programs. I am never required to write a positive review. On ocassion I will review a book that was not provided by the publisher. If that is the case I will note it on that particular post. Otherwise, assume that it was. All opinions I have expressed are always my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Saturday, March 10, 2012

the Secret Life of Copernicus H. Stringfellow

Description

Copernicus H. Stringfellow, a.k.a. Nick, is not your run-of-the-mill genius. His mind is so powerful it can stop a speeding automobile or stem internal bleeding. As Nick goes about quietly doing good, he discovers that his powers are greatly enhanced by the nutrients present in Twinkies. Follow Nick on his amazing adventures in this humorous and exciting action-packed book for all ages.

My Review
Any book that portrays Twinkies as brain food is aces in my book!  Copernicus H. Stringfellow, otherwise known as Nick, is an interesting character that is never really fully explained in this book.  He has a literal photographic memory and remembers everything (including his birth) with such clarity that he can not only tell you what he ate at his second birthday, but what everyone else was wearing and what they ate also.  No tricks involved. 

Nick wants to use his ultra, Twinkie fueled intelligence to help others improve their lives.  He does so with the assistance of an unknown corporation that seems to have unlimited money. 

I really liked this book.  Nick is a down to earth guy with a huge heart.  The story kind of ambles along and when you reach the end you really expect for there to be more.  A lot of questions are not answered and it almost feels like someone left the last chapter on the printing room floor.  I want MORE!  Then again, maybe that was the point.  We (the readers) are left with just as many questions as the characters seem to have about Nick.  At the same time we also feel like Nick is one of our close friends as well.  I hope there is another book detailing the further adventures of Nick!

No comments: