Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. In addition, many of the books reviewed on this site were received free from the publisher through various book review bloggers programs. I am never required to write a positive review. On ocassion I will review a book that was not provided by the publisher. If that is the case I will note it on that particular post. Otherwise, assume that it was. All opinions I have expressed are always my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Friday, August 12, 2011

A bedtime kiss for Chester Raccoon review

Description:
The sun is up, it's time for little Chester Raccoon to go to bed, but he is frightened by the shadows the sun is creating on the walls. Mrs. Raccoon soothes him with a Kissing Hand, and he is able to go to sleep.

This sweet and decidedly unscary board book is both a light-hearted way to calm children's fears at bedtime, along with a gentle introduction to Chester Raccoon and the Kissing Hand for the younger child. Funny illustrations will gentle the scary-looking shadows in a bedroom.

My Review:

Another wonderful Chester Raccoon story!  This book introduces the concept that some animals sleep during the daytime (which brought about some really interesting discussions for Princess A and I) while still addressing those scary things when trying to sleep, shadows on the wall.    Presented in a pleasant rhyme, this short book is great to read before naptime.  The illustrations are darling as usual and my little one loves the imagination of Chester as he turns shadows into crocodiles and dancing spiders! 

No comments: